Friday, April 14, 2006

One week to go!

Okay, so it's getting a little bit scary now. Saying goodbye to my work and all my friends there was kinda hard. But also it made this trip a bit more real. Now all I have left to focus on is going and that's a wee bit anxiety provoking.

There's still lots to do but the lists are slowly being crossed off. No one is in jail so we should be all free to get on the plane ;) I think my biggest fear is getting really sick over there. I'm not looking forward to that, yet it's pretty inevitable.

It's also a bit worrying that although I've been studying social service work for 2 years now, I am being placed at an agency in a foreign country that deals with children and physical disabilites...well I haven't been trained in working with children OR in working with people with disabilites! I'm sure it will be fine...and it will give me so much experience that I would not get in Canada because it is probably not something I would have thought I was suited to do. I'm all about the old people :)

Anyway, I guess I'll be writing next in Uganda...or maybe on our 6 hour layover in London. zzzzzzzz. Anyone know anyone in London that will want to come visit us and entertain us? ha ha.

BYE CANADA!!!!

Oh, PS. It is Jen that will be missing Uma and Jasper, not me. Don't want Spirit to be getting jealous!

4 comments:

Karin said...

Woo! Yay!

How weird...Erin, did you pick out the colour scheme for the blog?? Because...holy cousin power...look at the layout for mine!!

http://starsgone.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hiya Monkey Lady,

We will be thinking of you back here in ol' Toronto, as I start treating my first patients...you are next, so come home safe!

As Christopher Robin said to Pooh: Promise me you'll always remember, You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.

Keep me posted!
Luv: Dr cjs

PS: Lorne, Tweaks, Socs, Rupert & Rex wish you all the best too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Erin,

Just wanted to post a little note saying have a great trip!

Tammy

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good trip. Now the adventure begins!